Gerontology Nursing Review and Resource Manual 2nd Edition - Contact Hours
This module provides the CE contact hours for nurses who have purchased and studied the review manual. To purchase this CE module, you must enter a proof-of-purchase code once you have added this module to your cart.
You can obtain your review manual proof-of-purchase code by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your name and the name of the manual you purchased.
ANCC Certification Review and Resource Manuals are designed to help nurses pass the certification exams, to provide continuing education contact hours for recertification, and to act as a general resource for that specialty. Each manual is based on the exam’s test content outline, making ANCC Review and Resource Manuals uniquely positioned to help nurses prepare for the ANCC certification exams. Each ANCC Review and Resource Manual offers contact hour credit for studying the manual and passing an online posttest.
Purpose/Goal: To provide nurses with current information to be utilized in gerontological nursing; to provide review materials for nurses desiring gerontological nursing certification.
1. The learner will be able to describe normal changes of aging and their impact on the overall health status of the older adult.
2. The learner will be able to identify the atypical presentation of disease and response to treatment in the older adult.
3. The learner will be able to recognize the dangers of polypharmacy.
4. The learner will be able to identify side effects of commonly used medications often used to treat chronic conditions in the older person.
5. The learner will be able to identify therapeutic nursing interventions designed to promote health and treat illness in the older adult.
6. The learner will be able to describe the relationship among the cultural, social, economic, psychological, and biological factors that affect an older person’s health and illness status.
The planners and author of this CNE activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with any commercial company pertaining to this activity.
Contact Hours: 27
Expiration Date: 12/15/2012
Member Price: $44.00
Non-Member Price: $54.00