Understanding Nursing’s Social Policy Statement
Nursing’s Social Policy Statement describes the essence of nursing, so all nurses need to have an understanding of what it entails. It serves as a resource for nurses to conceptualize their practice and to educations, administrators, and researchers within the field of nursing.
Purpose/Goal: To help nurses understand the Nursing Social Policy Statement and to guide them in the application of their professional skills and responsibilities.
1. Define the role of nursing and its four characteristics.
2. Recognize nursing’s roles, responsibilities, and accountability to the society that it serves.
3. Recognize how standards of practice and standards of professional performance incorporate the nursing process.
4. List and define the four levels of the Model of Professional Nursing Practice.
5. Cite the relationship between competency and autonomy and how it affects a nurse’s self-determination.
The planners and editors of this continuing nursing education activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with any commercial companies pertaining to this CNE.
Contact Hours: 3.7
Expiration Date: 6/30/2016
Member Price: $29.00
Non-Member Price: $69.00