Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice
Nurses need to be familiar with the Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Practice because they are held accountable to these standards by regulatory and legal bodies. Practicing within scope and adhering to standards also improves patient care.
Purpose/Goal: To help nurses better understand scope of practice and standards so that they can practice within established guidelines
1. Recognize the difference between the scope of nursing practice and the standards of nursing practice.
2. List the “Five Tenets” of nursing.
3. Recognize the importance of standards in the nursing field.
4. Explain the importance of competencies.
5. Recognize the core competencies of the Standards of Practice and Standards of Professional Performance.
The planners and editor of this continuing nursing education activity have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with any commercial companies pertaining to this activity.
Contact Hours: 4.1
Expiration Date: 6/30/2016
Member Price: $34.00
Non-Member Price: $74.00